With so many items on your to-do list, you may not have much time for intricate lawn projects. Most likely, you still want a well-manicured and beautiful yard. Listed are some ways to help you get the appropriate look without all of the extra hassle of a complicated landscape.
- Remove Existing Lawn Problems. Eliminate any water features or demanding plants that aren’t providing enough benefit to continue maintaining. Shrub removal or tree removal can be a quick fix that makes a large difference.
- Select Perennials. Perennials save you time because you don’t have to pick new plants annually. Drought-tolerant perennials are also effortless because they require less water.
- Choose Flowering or Coniferous Shrubs. These shrubs emit a pleasant aroma and give color to your yard without having to be watered frequently.
- Think Groundcover. Groundcover plants cut down on weed development so you don’t have to spend your Saturday yanking out those pesky weeds. It also provides protection from drought and erosion.
- Plant in Groups. Group plants together with similar light and water requirements. This will make them easier to care for and easier to mow around.
- Avoid Over-Planting. Not only will you have fewer plants to take care of, each plant will have the space to grow full-size.
- Pile on the Mulch. Mulch reduces your amount of watering and weeding while releasing nutrients into the soil.
- Consider Automatic Irrigation Systems. Once installed, an irrigation system can do most of the work for you.
With these suggestions, you can tackle home projects or finally finish that lengthy book rather than weeding, watering or completing other landscape maintenance tasks. For irrigation system installation, tree removal or any landscape services, contact The Parke Company for a free estimate.